4hr Trader - the simplest technical analysis on the machine
Hello, dear forex traders of the TradeLikeaPro portal! Usually, it is generally accepted that the simplest trading strategies for technical analysis, such as crossing moving averages, are unprofitable. But, in fact, the reason for the loss-making of such systems is the stupidity of traders and their inability to control their emotions. As a proof of this thesis, I propose to consider the adviser 4hr trader, built on standard forex indicators, which, in principle, can write any student.
Features of 4hr Trader Advisor
Platform: Metatrader 4
Advisor Version: 1.2
Currency pairs: EURUSD
Work time: round the clock
Recommended DC: Alpari, Roboforex
Installing 4hr Trader advisor is performed according to standard instructions. If you are new to auto trading, don’t know what it is and what it is eaten with, be sure to watch the video course Forex on Autopilot.
4hr Trader Robot Strategy
A trading expert combines inputs on 3 strategies:
- Strategy 1: go into shopping if the stochastic signal line (5.3.3) crosses the -di ADX line (74) from the bottom up.
- Strategy 2: buy if car 4 crosses car 89 from bottom to top
- Strategy 3: buy if the main ADX line (36) crosses the MACD signal line (12.26.9) from the bottom up.
The entrances to the cell are mirrored. Stop-Loss is 123 points, Take-Profit is 56. The inputs are more clearly displayed in the screenshots below (increase by clicking the mouse).
A quick look at history is enough to understand that such entry strategies will not make you rich, but in general they will bring profit. Well, if the process is automated, then why not?
Of course, one could speculate about periods of drawdown, the factor mat. expectations, etc. Only here the results on a real account do not agree with the readings of the strategy tester, so the backtest in this case can give us only a general idea that the system as a whole is profitable.
Why the tester’s testimony does not coincide with the real transactions? I am not a programmer, which of the hundreds of MT4 tester bugs interferes in this case, I can not say. But this situation takes place when testing some bots. I think you have repeatedly met robots that show amazing results on history and mediocre in real trading. Therefore, the tester is just an approximate indicator of the advisor's work.
4hr Trader Expert Advisor Settings
- MaxSlippage - the maximum allowable slippage when opening a transaction.
- CustomComment - comment on the positions of the adviser
- Magicnumber - numeric identifier of bot transactions.
- UseMoneyManagement - on / off auto lot calculation
- Lots - trading lot, used if money management is disabled
- Lotsotsecimal - the number of digits after the decimal point for calculating the lot (leave the default)
- Riskiskpercent - risk as a percentage of the deposit for 1 transaction with money management included
- MaximumLots - the maximum allowable lot per 1 transaction.
Recommended Money Management
It is not worth putting a risk on a deal above 5%.
The 4hr Trader Expert Advisor is not some kind of super grail, but it is very stable and shows by its example that even the simplest technical analysis works and can be profitable. Using 4hr Trader is best in the portfolio, along with other advisers. It will not bring big profit, but it will serve as a good addition to your "money machine".
For the EA to work correctly, the trading terminal must be switched on from the market opening on Sunday evening until it closes on Friday evening. If you do not have the ability to keep the computer in working condition 24/5, then I advise you to use VPS server service.